Monday, March 3, 2008

What a difference warm weather makes...

It is amazing how much a difference a little bit of extra sunlight and warmer temperatures can do for your mood (and your schedule). Not only did I get to wear a skirt to work today (thank goodness as all of my pants were either at the dry cleaners, wrinkled, or too boring), but I also got to wear flip flops on my walk with Liddy. I love flip flops, and so long as the temperature is above 57 degrees, you can bet I'll be wearing them!

Liddy and I met up with Andy at the end of his jog and got to finish out our walk with him. It was a great chance to catch up on each other's days and we also ran into Dreadnought (an adorable bull dog who was named after a battleship) so Liddy was able to got her social hour in.

After our walk, we decided it was definitely a night to grill, so Andy grilled up some salmon and I made a big salad to go along with it. I am now happy to say that while the sun is finally setting, we've already walked the dog, enjoyed a healthy dinner, and cleaned up the kitchen.

So here's to longer days, longer walks, and a relaxing long night ahead of us!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm jealous...57 degrees! I have spring fever so bad. We thought the weather was taking a turn towards spring, but today I think the high was in the 30's :( Sounds like a great day!

Kimberly said...

hey i noticed your link on cindy's blog, hope you dont mind if i link to your's too. It was warmer here today too, but not that warm. . . we were glad to be able to get a walk in our 45 degree weather. We even broke out the jackets!

Maureen Gribble said...

Today it might even hit 70! But cold weather is coming back towards the end of the week...bummer! We went shopping this weekend and Old Navy and Target had the cutest spring/summer stuff! Can't wait until it is warm for good! Oh, and Kim no problemo--I linked yours ;)