Monday, March 17, 2008

Lake Anna Adventures, Part I

We had a fabulous weekend at Lake Anna and I must say, even though it was a short trip, I am still having a hard time adjusting to being back in the "real world." I miss my morning coffee on the porch looking out onto the lake, somehow sipping my coffee staring at a computer just doesn't have the same affect. (shrug)

I suppose on the upside, I can now steal a few moments from my workday to relive parts of the trip. We ended up with beautiful weather, but alas, due to the forecasts of rain and chilly temps, we left the boat at home. However, I am convinced that had we brought Wally, we would have had rain, so everything worked out for the best! The sun was shining the whole time and we had temperatures near 70. I was able to live in my flip flops, which as you know, makes me a very happy person.

The first order of business after we got unpacked and settled in was to take Liddy for a swim. The minute she saw the water her tail was wagging furiously, she remembered this place and she knew from the moment we strapped her into her life vest that it was swimming time! Unfortunately, we neglected to bring a tennis ball for her, but sticks seemed to be a decent substitute.








She swam Friday evening until she was too tired to continue. Andy had a great time throwing sticks for her, while I sat on the porch in my rocking chair watching them. It was perfect!









Liddy also got to go for an early morning swim on Saturday, and again in the afternoon. By Saturday evening, she was zonked! Though had she had the option, I'm sure she'd have gone back for more on Sunday.




No comments: