Thursday, March 6, 2008

A little bragging, a little learning...

Yesterday my dad received an email from someone who had heard him speak at a conference in the early 1990's. This person was writing to thank him for the impact he had on their entire career. It was a very heartfelt message that described the various ways they had put my dad's guidance to use.

It has been over 12 years since this person has come in contact with my dad, and yet they write that when they think of the individuals who had the most positive impact on their life, my dad was one of four. Now, I don't say any of this to brag (well, maybe just a little!), but rather to share a few lessons I was reminded of today:

1. You never know when something you do or say may affect someone for the rest of their lives.
2. It's never too late to tell someone "thank you."
3. Sometimes it's the children who should be proud of their parents.

1 comment:

RipleyVT said...

I second that emotion.