Monday, March 10, 2008

Terrible, horrible, (some good), very, bad day!

I have to admit, today was just not a good one. There were some redeeming factors, but honestly, for the most part it was pretty sub-standard.

For starters, this whole springing forward deal really messed me up. Andy and I stayed up later than usual and when the alarm went off at 5:01 (really 4:01) waking up just did not seem like a good option. So we both stayed in bed about an hour longer than usual, which isn't so bad, we still got out the door in time, but I was rushed getting ready and missed watching the news and other things I enjoy doing in the morning.

Already feeling a tad grumpy and also feeling the typical "case of the Mondays" things continued to go downhill. My fabulous, wonderful, irreplaceable coordinator, Karla, informed me today that she is moving back to Texas to pursue her MBA at the University of Houston, her last day will be April 18. Ever since she started a little over a year ago, I've always known this day would come, but boy was I hoping it would come after I'd already left! (ha!) I of course am thrilled for her, and wish her all the best, but she is leaving behind some HUGE shoes to fill and I am really scared at the prospect of trying to find someone to fill them. I know it will all work out, but for now I'm going to let myself be really depressed about it.

When I finally left the office, I was confronted by miserable traffic on the beltway. It took me close to two hours to get home. The good news here is that I still made it home in the daylight.

So now that I've whined and complained and dragged on about the "downers" of my day, I suppose I ought to re-focus on the good.

*I got to go for a nice walk at lunch
*I got to talk to Erica on the phone today
*I realized that having to re-hire someone means I've got an opportunity to bring in a fresh perspective to what we are trying to accomplish.
*It is still light out and it is 7:16
*Andy made dinner (something that occurs often but I never take for granted)
*There is still left-over birthday cake, so I get to drown my sorrows in CHOCOLATE! :)

There, now I feel better!

No comments: