Friday, March 21, 2008

And so the "madness" ensues...

I have never liked basketball. Ask anyone who grew up with me or who knows me well now, and they'll tell you I hate playing this sport. Something about the squeaking of your shoes on the court and the fact that someone is trying to steal the ball from you is just not for me. I've also never been much of a fan of watching the game either. I always struggle when the score is 0-0 to find the meaning in watching from that point when you know at the very least, each team will most likely score 40+ points. I suppose since I never played, I can't appreciate the rules and moves and so forth, but still, give me football or baseball anyday over basketball. Well, that is except for in March.

I don't know if it's the gambling side of it, or just the thought that pretty much everyone in the country is tuned into this monumental sporting event, but I just love it! Perhaps that's why they call it March "Madness." Even as a child I always loved picking my teams and waking up each morning to see what I got right and where I went wrong. Of course, I think I have now participated in roughly 20 bracket contests and have yet to win, but don't worry, this will be my year!

Ok, probably it won't, but I am off to a great start! I only missed two games yesterday, one of which was a pick I made purely with my heart, I knew Mason didn't stand a chance against Notre Dame, but I just can't bring myself to route for the Irish. I believe that is actually a rule in the Hokie Handbook, honestly.

So good luck to all of you who are in pools (well, except for those of you who are in the same one as me) and here's hoping Memphis goes all the way!

2 comments:

Lee said...

I opted out of all brackets this year for the simple reason, i need sleep. I get too involved in who wins then it makes every game interesting. This way, I can just enjoy a game or two and watch from the outside. :)


P.S. Finish those eggs yet?

Maureen Gribble said...

We still have some eggs left, don't worry, we'll be making you some deviled (sp?) eggs on Sunday!