Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I suppose cold weather isn't all that bad...

I know I've been talking a lot lately about how excited I am for warmer days to come our way, but I was reminded as I looked through some pictures today at how much I also adore winter. I know, that sounds crazy, but you can't honestly say you don't appreciate a good snow fall (and yes, I mean the kind of snow that takes place on a day where you don't have to brave the roads or the skies for that matter.)

We didn't really have too much snow here this winter, however Andy did get his traditional birthday snow back in December, which he is always so thankful for. However, while we were on our trip to visit our friends, Greg & Erica, in Budapest, we got quite a snowfall on New Year's Day. It was actually a perfect day where we got to sleep in, enjoy a great breakfast ala' Greg, take a long walk throughout the city, and of course, partake in a huge snowball fight! Here are some pictures of that snowy day. You have to admit, snow really does have a way of "dressing up" the scenery. Of course on the other hand, seeing our rosey cheeks and red noses makes me very thankful that those days are in the past (at least for now.)












Oh and PS: We miss you Greg & Erica!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great memories...I don't think we would have enjoyed the snow if you guys weren't here. We are missing you and Andy but definitely not missing the snow. Looking forward to enjoying (hopefully) some warm weather with you in late May/early June.