Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas Eve...

Oh Christmas Eve, how quickly you arrive.  We did have a great day though.  Andy and Adam shopped, I did my traditional wrapping whilst viewing "It's a Wonderful life."  (Side note, can I just say how much I adore that movie. So moving, so lovely, so wonderful.) 
Our typical Christmas Eve traditions include hosting Ommy and Poppy for a holiday feast (see here, here and here), though sadly due to illness we had to postpone those festivities.

After Christmas Eve mass we headed home and attempted some family photos, I suppose the "M&M method" was just not quite working that night.  We then enjoyed a great dinner of stuffed shells, salad and fresh garlic bread.


Before long it was time for a bath and Christmas PJ's (a Christmas Eve gift tradition!)  Adam was all aflutter, asking that we be sure to say "Thank you Santa!"  (How adorable is that!?)  We were sure to give Santa that message along with a few additional cookies, just to be sure he knew that Andy, Liddy and I were thankful as well! :)


What a magical day Christmas Eve is.  I can still remember the anticipation and butterflies (the good kind) I'd have in my stomach the night before Christmas.  I'm certain it is one of the best days of the year!

No comments: