Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas dinner...

Christmas is one of the greatest days of they year, so why not pack as much family and cheer into it as possible right?!  Well that's exactly what we did.  So after a great afternoon with my family we loaded up our sleigh again and headed out to Auntie Amy and Uncle John's house. 

It was great to spend time with Andy's family (though we missed seeing Auntie Heidi and Uncle Shawn) and Adam loved getting to play with all his big boy cousins. 



Amy put out a great spread with braised short ribs, Swedish meatballs, roasted brussel sprouts and super creamy mashed potatoes.  It was just what we needed after a day of opening presents and playing with new toys--we'd earned it (or that's what I told myself) :)

We were charged with bringing the desert so I decided to make a pink champagne and strawberry cake I'd seen on Pinterest and not only was it gorgeous it was oh so tasty! I'll have to post the recipe sometime soon as it would be a great desert for Valentine's day.


So with full bellys, even more new toys, and an exhausted little elf, we finally said goodbye to Christmas Day, and what a great day it was!
 

No comments: