Monday, April 27, 2009

Green coats, baseball, shopping, and a lot of sunshine!

This weekend was super packed and the weather could not have cooperated more. The cornerstone of the weekend was the annual Green Coat tournament at our club that Andy was asked to participate in. While he was a little nervous going into it, he had a great time and was glad he was asked to play.

The tournament started with a practice round on Friday followed by a "boys only" dinner. Andy had a great time getting to know his team and working on their strategies for the weekend. During the "boys only" dinner, I met up with the other wives (most of whom I play golf with in WGA events) and we had a "girls only" dinner. It was a great start to the weekend.

On Saturday, Andy had a 9:30 tee time, so while he spent the day golfing, my mom and I spent the day shopping!! It helps knowing that Baby Gribble is a boy---and while we didn't go crazy, we did get two cute little pajama outfits and spotted several cribs that we liked.

After spending the morning shopping we headed to my nephew, Andrew's, baseball game. Boy was it hot out, but it was fun to get to watch him play. His team is the Orioles and while I didn't get great pictures, I did snap a few to capture the moment. He even got to pitch and struck out the first 3 batters--nicely done!



Saturday night Andy and I got all dolled up for the Green Coat dinner. I had my mom take a few photos of us beforehand, and while my dress does a good job of hiding the baby bump, I think you can still see that Baby boy Gribble is growing!! :)



Since Andy's team finished tied for second on Saturday, his group got the second to last tee time of the day for Sunday, teeing off at 1:00. Most of the wives follow their husband's team around the course on Sunday, so I took advantage of the sunny weather and decided to do the same. It was fun to be part of Andy's "gallery!"




By the end of the day their team tied for 4th, which is actually really great, but sadly they did not get to sport the super fashionable green coats at the end of the day. There's always next year!!

No comments: