Monday, April 20, 2009

A Hole-in-One!

Saturday was the kind of day that any golfer hopes for. The sun was shining, the bugs were still hiding, the breeze was comforting but not detrimental, oh...and I got a hole-in-one!

I was playing in our annual WGA Azaela Classic, the first tournament of our golfing season, and on our par 3 #2, my tee shot landed about five feet from the hole and rolled right in. Amazing and still unbelievable to me! It was perfect timing, especially since I had three great team mates to cheer me on (including our current Club Champion).

I happened to have my camera with me as I was planning on capturing shots of the day to promote attendance in future tournaments--little did I know it would be used to capture the shot of my life!




In addition to the perk of being able to gloat for your entire life, I also get $250 to spend in the Pro Shop (I think I smell a new driver!) and another $250 goes to the bar so everyone can enjoy a beverage on me. Of course that was a diet cherry coke for me, but I still enjoyed toasting with everyone after our round.



Oh, and did I mention that my team also won the tournament!? Tiger Woods, eat your heart out!

3 comments:

RipleyVT said...

Very awesome indeed!!!

Virginia photography said...

Amazing! That is an incredible one in a lifetime shot. It's the new center of gravity counterweight you have building inside of you.

Lee said...

that's fun! Congrats!