Monday, April 13, 2009

A great Easter weekend...

We had a pretty busy, but fun, Easter weekend. It started with a big dinner party at Andy's parent's house to celebrate his dad's birthday. We got to meet up with some old family friends, some old colleagues, and of course our family.

Andy was the head chef, cooking up two turkey breasts (one roasted and the other smoked), roasted potatoes, green beans, rice stuffing, and a yummy chocolate cake with raspberry filling! I had a great time chatting with everyone and neglected to snap any photos--suppose that's a sign of a good party!

On Sunday we had a great Easter breakfast cooked up by Andy's dad. He pulled out all the stops and made sure everyone had their favorite dish--including lots of opportunities for me to slather Nutella on various pastries!!

We then spent the rest of the day at my parent's house, where we spent the majority of the time watching the final round of the Masters.

My mom did a great job getting the house set up for our Easter feast, including a community Easter basket filled with chocolates and even a little bunny for Baby Gribble. Even Liddy was sporting her Easter scarf.



We had a great feast and topped it off with a carrot cheesecake that I made, though I did not take pictures as the top got a little browner than I would have liked. I'll have to try again another time.

It was great to be able to spend so much time will both of our families this weekend, we are so lucky to live so close to everyone.


No comments: