Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools!?

It had to have been an April Fool's Day joke, right? I mean, how many people can honestly say they got in a cab to go to the airport only to find out that the cab driver has no idea where the airport is? That really has to be some kind of cruel joke!

Well, if it was, I didn't find it very funny! I left my hotel at 6:00 a.m. this morning to make my trip back east, and realized about 20 minutes into the cab ride (about when we should have been arriving at the airport) that my driver was totally lost!!!

All I have to say is thank goodness for my Blackberry. I was able to chat with Andy the whole time on my phone, and he was kind enough to text me the address to the airport so we could find our way. However, to make matters worse, my cab driver had no clue how to use his GPS system! So I had to actually grab it from him and enter in the address myself.

Needless to say, I did make it to the airport, roughly 45 minutes after I had planned to be there, but fortunately I had given myself plenty of time so was able to get checked in and through security with enough time to still grab some breakfast (missing that opportunity would not have made me a happy camper.)

On the bright side, I got a free ride to the airport!

Happy April everyone, here's hoping you had less foolishness to deal with than I did.

No comments: