Monday, March 30, 2009

California dreamin...

Yesterday I hopped on (two) big birds and headed out to Huntington Beach, California. I know what you're thinking, Florida one week, California the next, what a lucky gal! But to be quite honest, I'd just assume be at home.

Fortunately, between getting upgraded to first class, palm trees, views of the Pacific, and the nicest hotel I've stayed in since last summer (nothing tops the Waldorf Astoria) it's been bearable! :)

Andy was kind enough to play chauffeur yesterday morning and took me to the airport at 6:00 a.m.--what a guy! I had to first fly to O'hare (joy) and was greeted by gusty winds, icing, and snow. I'm sorry, isn't it almost April!? I guess that's Chicago for you. I was only in the airport about 45 minutes before it was time to board my flight to Orange County. I got lucky and was upgraded to first class--something that rarely happens as everyone seems to have status on the airlines these days.



After about a 2 and a half hour delay (no, not due to the weather, but rather because the little tractor that pushes the plane back from the gate was broken--amazing how at one of the largest airports in the world, there wasn't a single spare...) we were up in the air and out of the weather and on to sunnier skies!

The hotel I'm staying at is the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and is spectacular. I can see the beach from my balcony and everything is just very classy. Not to mention the tv is the largest I've seen in a hotel room.








Again, while this is all fine and well, I am very excited to be home again--and for longer than three days this time!! Though I suppose it is exciting to think of all the places Baby Gribble has already gotten to travel to! :)

No comments: