Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Preggatinis

As a "Yay! You're pregnant gift" Erica gave me this great book called "Preggatinis: Mixology for the Mom to be." It is an awesome book filled with all kinds of fun drink recipes (all virgin of course) that I can sip and enjoy during happy hour.


There are all kinds of fun and creative names for them as well, including: Mamaritas, Make mine a Momjito, Cosmom, and of course a Momosa.

We've experimented with a few of the recipes, which by the way for the most part include fresh juices and fresh fruit so they are also quite healthy, and they've all been great so far! They even have little tips to "De-virginize for Dad."

Here is a picture of one I made during Valentine's Day weekend (I had to improvise with ingredients so it doesn't have a name, though I suppose I could make one up...we'll call it the Orange you glad to be Pregnantini)



Ingredients:

Orange Juice
Pineapple Juice
Raspberry flavored Seltzer Water
Fresh strawberries and blueberries
added Vodka for Andy)

Can't wait to try more of them and definitely look forward to enjoying a Momjito (or two) when the weather starts to warm up!

Thanks Erica!!

1 comment:

natalie@theliquidmuse.com said...

Hi Liddy Cakes Mom-to-Be,

I just saw your post on Preggatinis. As the author of the book, and mixologist behind the recipes, I am so thrilled to see that your friend Erica gave you the book, and that you are enjoying it.

Your drink also looks delish. With your permission, I'd love to post it on my upcoming Preggatini website, crediting you with a link to your blog, of course.

Feel free to email me via The Liquid Muse.

Kind regards - and congratulations! Natalie