Monday, March 9, 2009

Date night at National Harbor

On Friday night Andy and I decided to head to the new National Harbor for a date. Andy had been there a few times already, but I hadn't so I was definitely excited to see what all the fuss was about.

We decided to try Grace's Mandarin for dinner. It is an Asian fusion restaurant and was delicious! What was also nice was that all three levels had panoramic views of the Potomac, so the scenery was fabulous as well.

After dinner we walked around checking out the stores and of course the water. The weather could not have been nicer! I can definitely see us going there a lot this summer, especially when we can start getting there by boat!



Before heading back home we popped into CakeLove for some cupcakes. I decided to try the strawberry butter cream on vanilla cake and Andy was undecided to splurged and got two, a peanut butter butter cream on vanilla and a coffee butter cream on vanilla. While they were very tasty, I think they could have been fresher, but then it was right before they were closing for the day. Next time, perhaps we'll give them a try for breakfast!? :)


No comments: