Friday, February 27, 2009

Guess what!?



Andy and I are going to have a baby!! Well, ok, I'm going to have a baby, but Andy helped! :) We are so excited to finally be able to share the news. It is so hard to keep a secret this big, but I am now in my second trimester and so figured it was about time we spread the word.

I'm due on 09/09/09, which I think would be a great birthday! So we'll see how that goes. And yes, we will find out what we are having so stay tuned...should know sometime in April. However, we are not going to disclose our name choices until the baby arrives--so you can guess all you want, but we're keeping our lips sealed. :)

I'm going to avoid the obligatory photo of the positive pregnancy tests---in fact it would have been hard to capture all six tests in one photo anyhow. Yes, you read that right, I took six tests. Cut us some slack, we're new at this! Andy wasn't convinced by the first one so ran out to the store and bought five more--every brand he could find. We are now re-financing our mortgage as those tests are not cheap!

I had a great first trimester with absolutely no morning sickness. We've also had two ultrasounds, including one yesterday. It is so amazing to see this little baby bouncing around inside.

We certainly have an exciting journey ahead of us and are excited for you to tag along!

4 comments:

RipleyVT said...

Auntie Kathleen can't wait to spoil Baby Gribble!!!!! I'm so excited!!

Mike said...

Congratulations! That is fantastic news. I'm so happy for all three of you!

Jenn said...

OMG CONGRATULATIONS~!!! Ben and Owen and I are soooo happy for you guys! September babies are the best! Can't wait to see you to give you a big congratulations hug!

Kimberly said...

Yeah! This is so exciting! Congrats! Sounds like a dream of a first trimester. Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes as smoothly!