Monday, February 2, 2009

Am I bad luck?!

There were two big sporting events on yesterday (yes, believe it or not, there was something other than the Super Bowl on.) Actually, I was more excited about the men's final of the Australian Open then I was about the football game (does that make me un-American, I'm worried it might!).

Ever since the amazing Wimbledon final last year, I've been really hooked on watching tennis. I'm a huge Roger Federer fan and also enjoy watching Rafa Nadal play. So it was with great anticipation that I awaited the first major tennis event of the year, and I probably clocked about 30 total hours of viewing time during the three week tournament.

The final was a show down between Federer and Nadal, and while I was very sad to see Federer lose, it is just so hard to not want to route for Nadal as well. They play so well against each other, and make for a great match to watch, but Nadal just had a little more in him yesterday. I do fear that Federer's time at #1 (which ended at the end of last year) is now forever out of reach--but I'll still be routing for him!!

After one loss for the day, I set my sights on Larry Fitzgerald (I've always like him, even when he was crushing my Hokies during his tenure at Pitt) and the Arizona Cardinals to beat the (sorry to say, obnoxious) Steelers. We all know how that turned out!

I'm wondering if today, Larry and Roger are wishing they didn't have me as a fan...oops!

No comments: