Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Merry Christmas!!

In keeping with tradition, I was the first one awake, waiting as best I could for our little buddy to wake up. Finally around 7:15 he peeked his head into our room and joined us in bed to watch a little bit of "A Christmas Story." We had told him the night before to come right to our room and not to look downstairs - while he might have been lying, I do believe him when he said he didn't peek. Mostly I know this to be true because when we did tell him to go look I followed him and watched as he caught the first glimpse of what was in store for him. I could live in that moment forever. 



Of course that moment could really only last so long and before we knew it we were taking our tradition picture on the stairs and then tearing into our stockings. Adam gets such a kick out of the variety of things he finds in his stocking. Everything from hot wheels cars to coloring books, math flashcards to mouthwash, Hershey's kisses to Flintstone vitamins. Andy and I still get a kick out of ours, with things like flavored peanuts, fun socks, deodorant, & our favorite new ornament. Liddy enjoyed getting a bone in hers. 









After a breakfast of fresh crepes filled with nutella and raspberries we were back at it unwrapping the treasures under the tree while enjoying Bloody Marys & chocolate milk. Santa did not disappoint this year leaving all sorts of fun toys, clothes, books, cologne, perfume, jewelry, a new set of wine glasses and the icing on the gingerbread - a new iPad for me & thus Adam's very own iPad - he was beyond thrilled. 













By the end we were all exhausted but still managed to sneak out for a little Chinese lunch. Guess we watched the end of "A Christmas Story" one too many times, we had major cravings! Perhaps a new tradition was born - and you can't beat the fortune I received in my cookie... 


No comments: