Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Mini-Spring Break

I left town yesterday for a business trip to Charleston, South Carolina. I left a day early and flew into Myrtle Beach to visit our family friends, Don and Rosemary. I had been looking forward to this trip for quite some time for several reasons. One, I hadn't been out of the office for a trip since January, two, I absolutely adore Charleston, and finally, a chance to spend time in sunny South Carolina with my friends.

Well, I really haven't seen much of the sun, but I did enjoy my time with Don and Rosemary yesterday. It was raining when I left Washington, so I had a feeling it might be the same in Myrtle. To be honest though, the rain hasn't put too much of a damper on things. The temperature is still warm, so I've been in capris and flip flops the whole time, and the rain simply comes and goes, so you do get some spurts of sunshine every now and again.

After lunch today I made the drive from Myrtle to Charleston. Fortunately the rain stayed away during the two hour trek, so that was good. I'm in a Toyota Carolla rental, which has a CD player, but zippy power. Anything over 60 mph and the car starts to shake...at least I know I am not in danger of getting a speeding ticket, which according to the fellow who checked me in at the hotel are an all too often occurrence on that trip.

I am staying at a hotel right in the heart of Charleston, so as soon as I'm done working tonight, (and assuming the rain holds off) I plan on walking around this lovely (though wet) city.

More later, and hopefully some pictures too!

No comments: