Thursday, April 3, 2008

An educational experience...

So I am down here in Charleston running a workshop for my members entitled, "Leading People in a Changing World." Typically when I run these things the content is heavily focused on maintenance and reliability (M&R) practices, so the information simply flies over my head and I'm simply there to make sure everything runs smoothly. The good thing about this session is that while there is some focus on M&R, for the most part the content can relate to any industry out there.

Probably one of the coolest parts is that one of the presenters is a former Top Gun pilot and instructor, needless to say, he's got some really interesting stories to tell. I am always amazed when I come across a really good facilitator, and try to learn as much as I can about not just the content but their technique as well.

Two "Ah-ha's" from yesterday:
1) 90% of an organization's constraints are man-made
2) If you can't get rid of negativity from the organization, then you aren't going to be succesful

Now if it would only stop raining...

No comments: