Monday, April 14, 2008

The Windy City and One Republic

I am blogging live from Chicago, well, more like from a not so fancy hotel across the street from O'Hare (or the "Big O" as they called it on the news this morning, interesting!). I am sad that I'm not staying downtown, but I will be headed that way most likely tonight and definitely tomorrow night, so that will have to do.

The weather is actually a bit on the chilly side. I think when I landed yesterday it was about 41 degrees. It probably wouldn't be so bad had we not just had such a fabulously warm weekend. In fact, on Saturday, Andy and I played golf and got totally burned. I'm not sure why I didn't think to use sunscreen, but I guess the fact that is is April is what threw me off. So I am now sporting a super chic red "V" on my chest where my golf shirt opened up, and my arms are bright red, as are the tops of my hands for that matter. So I'm feeling a bit silly here but at least the rain finally let up and allowed me a chance to get out and play.

On a completely unrelated note, I just have to say how much I am loving the One Republic album, "Dreaming out Loud." So if you are looking for some new music for your iPod, this is definitely worth a listen. Enjoy!

No comments: