Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The madness has ended...

I have to admit that I was in a far greater mood yesterday than I am today. Somehow I managed to put together a pretty stellar bracket this year for the NCAA tournament, and for probably the first time in my life, I had picked the final two teams and was in the running to win the pot. All I needed was a win from Memphis and I'd have been $500+ richer.

Sadly, in the last two seconds of the game, Kansas hit a three pointer to tie the game, and went on to win in overtime. What's worse is I stayed up until quarter to 12 to watch it. So now not only am I exhausted, but I feel as low I literally lost $500, which is crazy as I never had it to begin with (though I had spent it in my head! Guess I'll have to wait awhile for the purse I wanted to get.)

It's not like losing these pools is new to me, in fact I've succesfully lost my $10 every year I've participated. I guess what's killing me is how close I was to the victory, and how I didn't even end up with second or third (darn you Connecticut and Georgetown for losing so early!)

I suppose this is why I shouldn't gamble. In the meantime, perhaps I'll be able to convince my brother-in-law, who won the pool, to share the winnings...what do you think the odds are? Anyone want to bet on it?

1 comment:

Lee said...

I was sitting in a meeting today with three guys how all stayed up to watch the game. One even flew in this morning from NC and had to be at this meeting. I was sitting there thinking how happy I am I wasn't you. :) I'd have been right there watching every game. Still exciting and fun, thats gambling.