Monday, September 4, 2017

A walk among the sunflowers...

I almost forgot to post about a cool place we visited in late July. It's McKee-Beshers Wildlife Management Area in Poolesville, MD. Some friends had posted pictures online of their amazing sunflower fields and it just looked like a great spot for a morning walk. We decided to take the ferry there which was a unique experience. I wasn't prepared for the crazy motion sickness I'd feel but luckily that went away after we had some breakfast.






The rains we'd had the days leading up to our visit made for a pretty muddy walk and the parking situation is a bit challenging - so while it wasn't the most magical morning I will say that the sunflower fields were still worth checking out.








I think I saw a few other spots nearby that have similar sunflower fields so maybe we'll give one of those a try next summer - they really are beautiful.

No comments: