Sunday, May 25, 2014

Spring Break Part III - Savannah

One of the reasons I was excited to camp on Tybee Island was it's proximity to Savannah. Somehow in all my travels up and down the East Coast, I'd yet to go there so it was definitely a place I wanted to check off my "to-see" list. 

We picked a sunny but cool day to visit which made for a bit of a chilly walk around town, but in the scenery made up for it. We didn't do much planning ahead of time so weren't really sure what we were supposed to see or do, but we enjoyed just walking around snapping photos. 





For lunch we ate at The Distellery, a restaurant owned by Erica's cousins - so that was fun. It was in a great location and they served up one of the better Bloody Mary's I've ever had - those seemed to be the cocktail of choice on this vacation. 



After lunch we continued to walk around and in doing so stumbled upon a train museum and an outdoor children's museum - score! 



Adam had so much fun running around and we enjoyed the sunshine. I guess it's true what they say - life really is what happens when you're busy making other plans! 










No comments: