Wednesday, May 18, 2011

GWSAE Reunion

It's been almost five years since I left my job at GWSAE (Greater Washington Society of Association Executives) and yet the memories and friends that I made there make it seem as though I never left at all.  GWSAE was a part of my life long before they started signing my paychecks.  Due to my Dad's involvement with the organization I spent numerous evenings at The Kennedy Center listening to talks from people like Oprah Winfrey, Bill Clinton, Bono and of course my favorite Katie Couric.  It was because of GWSAE that I even got to eat dinner with Katie Couric and three years later I was actually helping to plan those events.

GWSAE merged with ASAE (American Society of Association Executives) in 2004 which was a bittersweet day for all of us involved.  Most of the GWSAE staff has since moved on to new adventures but we all came back together last night for one last celebration before The Center for Association Leadership space at the Ronald Reagan Building closes its doors on Friday. 


It was a great night filled with lots of reminiscing about "the good old days." Embarrassing stories were shared while we laughed at pictures flashing on the wall, and we also got to hear some words from our fearless leaders.

And as the cake says...

No comments: