Monday, July 30, 2018

Monopoly at the Creek...

My mom invited me again this year to play in her WGA Member Guest tournament. This year's theme was "Monopoly at the Creek" and once again the planning committee went above and beyond making sure that no detail was missed. It was so fun and clever - as usual! 

Thankfully there was a practice round as I had some rust to get rid of. One of the other guests my mom brought is the mom of a friend I grew up with so it was really fun to catch up with her - plus she and her husband (who used to be my softball coach) have a camper so we had lots to talk about as we rode around the course - Andy even gave me a list of questions he wanted me to ask, lol. We just love fellow campers! 

For tournament day we all dressed in black and white to kind of play the "railroad" theme. There were others that wore jail bird outfits, some were dressed as the "Go to Jail" cop, and some even had mustaches and monocles! Everyone just having so much fun with the theme. We all decorated our carts again - this even really does bring out the kid in all of us. 



The fun didn't stop there - the tee markers were all places on the Monopoly board. They had a "Pile of Cash" game on the par 3 #15 - playing off the cash that would pile up on the middle of the game board. Then they had a little game at the end of each hole and based on what the card said you might win money or lose money - it was super clever. 







We played ok and I was pretty proud of my golf game since I'd only played one other time since last year's tournament. We just missed placing in our flight, but that's ok, it was such a fun day it didn't matter. The luncheon was really fun and of course the table decorations and gifts were all themed perfectly. 


One of the best parts of the weekend was seeing the other "daughters" that were there playing - including one, Olivia, whom I grew up golfing with - a fun little reunion. A fun day for mother's and daughters too! :) 



Thanks Mom! 

No comments: