Saturday, July 7, 2018

Fire Trucks, Ambulances & Buses - Oh my!

Just like I did with Adam two years ago (read here) I was able to take advantage of this year's Ashburn Volunteer Firefighters Open House but this time I took Harper (Adam is too cool for fire trucks now I guess - sigh). 

Harper was so excited when I told him what we were going to be doing. He was also super excited to learn that we had to ride a bus to get there - woah - the thrill of a lifetime for a 2.5 year old. The event was everything Harper could have ever asked for. He got to go on a real life school bus, sit in a fire truck, pretend to drive a gator, ate a hot dog, met some firemen, got his own fireman's hat and got to walk around that place like he owned the joint. Oh my sweet Harper you are bursting with personality! 












He even got to go in the Inova Children's Hospital Ambulance - the same kind of rig that transported him from the Fairfax NICU to the Fair Oaks NICU - he certainly didn't remember having ridden in it - but someday we'll share that story with him and I know he'll be thankful that we have access to such top notch equipment & amazing emergency personnel. 



It was a hot but fun morning spent with my little fireman.

PS: That morning started with a friendly encounter with a Fairfax County Police Officer who brought Harper a stuffed penguin - the FCPD mascot - and told him to always be a good boy and to always listen to his mom - especially when safety was concerned. It was a pretty cool moment and Harper now lovingly refers to his beloved penguin as "Paulie Penguin." 



No comments: