Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Adam's Recorder Concert...

Oh boy - I knew this day was coming when Adam came home from school in the fall and gleefully announced "We get to do recorders in music next semester!!" Le sigh...

I get they have to start somewhere with learning musical instruments so we embraced it and even allowed some practicing in the house (ok, we made him go to the basement). After months of preparation by the entire 3rd grade it was time for them to perform for the 2nd graders and moms and dads. I wasn't 100% sure I was going to be able to make it - but I did and the look on Adam's face when he spotted me in the crowd made it all worth it. Those kiddos put on quite a show, even playing "We Will Rock You." Yeah, that happened.



Bravo Adam and fellow Aldrin Elementary School 3rd graders (& an extra bravo to the music teachers who didn't have the luxury of sending the students to the basement to play their recorders...) ;)

No comments: