Saturday, January 23, 2016

One the Eve of Christmas...

I love Christmas Eve every year, but this year was the best yet! Usually I wait and do all my wrapping on Christmas Eve while I watch "It's a Wonderful Life." However this year I spread out the wrapping and had it 99% done before the 24th and I got my viewing of my favorite movie in earlier in the month as well. What a different it made not having to scramble and hide from Adam to get the wrapping done. Instead it was all about enjoying the day with the family. 

The morning started with Al bringing Adam a bag of reindeer food to sprinkle in the yard - Adam got quite a kick out of that and loved going out to spread it for Rudolph and his antlered colleagues. Then it was inside for our traditional Christmas Eve gift opening - new pajamas and Christmas books, so fun.  








Ommy and Poppy joined us for dinner - a wonderful tradition. We Alaskand king crab legs for an appetizer and then had some really decadent crab stuffed cannelloni for dinner. They gifted us the cutest Santa to sit on our hearth - I love how he's in his robe and holding a teddy bear! Will look forward to pulling him out every year - the perfect addition to our holiday decor. 




After dinner we were surprised by a visit from Auntie Amy, Uncle John, Drew, Nick and Sam who had been out for a Christmas Eve dinner nearby. We didn't think we'd get to see them this Christmas so it was a real treat - and Adam of course was loving getting some time with his big cousins. Made for some good photo ops as well. :) 








Then it was time to read "Twas the Night Before Christmas," tuck our tired but excited boy into bed (Harper was already asleep - a Christmas miracle!) and then it was time to play Santa while "A Christmas Story" played in the background. I wish that part of the night could last all day - I just love setting out the presents, filling the stockings and anxiously awaiting the looks on Adam's face - and now we had Harper's excitement to look forward to as well! Once our work was done it was off to bed - at least until Harper decided to wake up - happily Santa had already arrived. ;) 







No comments: