Friday, December 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Preparations...

Ah Thanksgiving, my most favorite day of the year! However, I think the day before Thanksgiving has to come in a close second. The anticipation of the big day paired with all the fun prep work. Yep, you read that right. I just love all the chopping, slicing, mixing, table setting, magazine reading, recipe searching, etc. that goes along with preparing a big Thanksgiving feast! 

Andy and I were so looking forward to hosting both of our families, a total of 12 guests, in our new home. We kicked things off with overnight guests, Kathleen & Olivia. Adam and Olivia had so much fun playing together and Kathleen proved quite useful in the kitchen assisting Andy with stuffing preparations. Meanwhile I was able to get a breakfast casserole made, serving dishes organized, and a sour cream apple crumb pie made and baked! 






Thursday morning we woke up bright and early with quite a bit already knocked off the to-do list. The kids did great with their little sleepover in Adam's room. I overheard Adam reading to Olivia, it was too sweet! 



We got right back to work, but of course we paused to catch the exciting beginning to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!! (Three excited kiddos were watching) ;)




Andy and I decided to do dueling turkeys, mine in the oven with his family's stuffing recipe and his on the grill with my mom's oyster stuffing. It was fun and provided us with plenty of turkey for everyone to enjoy. 




Adam and Olivia were a big help tearing the bread for the oyster stuffing. They are just too cute in their aprons!


It was a fun and busy Thanksgiving morning, but I wouldn't have it any other way! 

No comments: