Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Gingerbread Man Fun Run...

After a great Thanksgiving we woke up ready to kick off the holiday season. Number one on our list, the annual Gingerbread Man Fun Run at Reston Town Center. An adorable race just for kids with hot chocolate, gingerbread man cookies and ribbons as prizes for making it over the finish line. (I'm thinking those rewards would make good motivators for adult races too!) 

Adam was pretty excited about the race, only a mile for his age group, and even though it was cold and windy, he didn't seem to mind. There were lots of other kids racing, he made a few friends at the starting line, though was quickly separated from them once the race started. I was definitely nervous letting Adam just run out of my sight and down the street and around a row of tall buildings, but he was awesome and before I knew it, Andy was calling to say he'd crossed the finish line (I was walking up and down the raceway looking for him, seems he ran by me in such a flash I missed him!) 






Our little Prefontaine! 



No comments: