Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mmmm...garlic!

One of the best things about the house we are staying in is the fact that there is a fantastic fresh seafood and produce market literally at the end of our street! On our first night here we took a stroll down there and bought some freshly steamed and spiced shrimp which we had as an appetizer. Last night, we decided to order some raw shrimp and sea scallops to cook up for dinner.

I took my motivation from cousin Jackie. When I visited with them in Tampa (see blog post here) Jackie cooked up some amazing pink Gulf shrimp and scallops in a pasta dish. I figured, I'd try to recreate this for us.

All I did was cleaned up the shrimp, halved the scallops, and threw them in a pan with some butter, olive oil, and minced garlic. Once the pasta was cooked, I drained it and threw it into the pan with the seafood and bonus, it soaked up the leftover butter, olive oil and garlic! I don't think I'll ever cook pasta without throwing it in a saute pan first again!

















For sauce, I simply heated up a nice, light, marinara and served everything up along side a homemade garlic bread.









So yeah, it was good and we have garlic breath to prove it (even the next day)!!

Thanks cousin Jackie for the inspiration!! Wish you were here!! :)

XOXOXOX

No comments: