Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Crib has arrived!

Yesterday was very exciting as we got to pick up the crib which was ordered about two months ago. I picked it up during the work day and was so excited to get home and to get it all set up. Andy had heard at work from some folks that it was going to take FOREVER to put together, and he heard lots of "good lucks."

Well, within about 20 minutes we had the whole thing set up and even had the bedding in it. Thank you Belfort for making quality furniture with VERY organized tools and instructions! Andy even tested it out by laying in it, and alas, it survived, so baby boy should be nice and safe in there!





We still have work to do to finish off the nursery, including hanging things on the walls, buying a few more lamps, etc...but having the crib together definitely made it finally seem like a nursery.




For those worry warts out there, I don't plan on keeping the bumpers in the crib, in fact even if I wanted to, I couldn't because the crib doesn't really work with them, but I figured for a few pictures it would be fun to have it on there (and yes, I realize it is backwards, but you couldn't see the pattern at all from outside the crib).

We even got to test out what a baby will look like in the crib as we've been borrowing "Becky" since we announced we were pregnant. Becky is Andy's mother's doll from growing up and she's given her to all her kids to practice on while they were pregnant---we are happy that Becky finally has an appropriate place to sleep! :)



Liddy is definitely starting to sense that something is going on. She is so curious about the nursery and we often find her in there sniffing around and now we find her in there just staring at the crib. Too cute! We can't wait for her to meet her new best friend and from the looks of it, neither can she!



Thanks Mom and Dad (Grandma and Grandpa) for the crib--we LOVE it and we know baby boy will sleep soundly in it (or so we hope...fingers crossed!)

1 comment:

RipleyVT said...

Oh, it's great!! And I LOVE the bedding!!! I too had a baby doll named Becky. I believe it was mom's at some point. One of the times I had my tubes put in my ears, the Dr. fixed Becky's broken ear and taped gauze to it. He did the same with one of my stuffed cats! (not the one mom shrunk!) Anyway, it looks great! Can't wait to see it next weekend!