Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Career Round...

*A fair warning that some personal bragging is about to occur*

I heard this might happen, and my goodness has it ever! I am playing the best golf of my life during this pregnancy! Baby boy must be destined to be a great golfer, because he sure is helping his mom out a ton!

Up until yesterday my best round of golf was a 93--not terrible, but certainly not great. Breaking 90 had alluded me and no matter how well I might be playing I would inevitably have at least two or three blow up holes that would ruin my chances at breaking into the 80's.

However yesterday everything just clicked! Perhaps it was the 90+ degree heat, or maybe it was my mom's driver that I've been testing out, but I still like to think baby boy had a lot to do with it (though I worry what that means about my game after he arrives in this world and is no longer helping to control my swing).

Regardless, I am happy to announce that my worst score on any hole was a 7, and that only happened once, I had 7 pars and sunk a huge putt on 18 for a birdie, all adding up to my career round of an 87! Sweet victory!

So thank you baby boy, while I'd love to keep you inside helping me with my game a little longer, I am very anxious to meet and thank you in person, so feel free to arrive on time...though perhaps we can break 80 before you do so... ;)

3 comments:

RipleyVT said...

Wow! Quite an achievement! Congrats to you!

Mark Greeley said...

That's great Maureen! Congrats to you and baby boy!

washington dc photographer said...

Statistically 98% of mom's develop a serious hook and a serious shank right after child birth. Something to do with the body unable to properly balance itself after dropping the child. The baby sits close to the sciatic nerve and once the compression is released you also can develop a serious limp hence the popularity of carts.
If the boy turns out to be left handed you will also tend to slice but fad if he's a righty.
If he's breach you might take up snooker instead.

What? :-{0 - I read it in Golf Magazine!