Saturday, February 2, 2019

Mom & Adam Share Another Birthday...

The older Adam gets the less excited he is (well, was he ever really excited?) to share a birthday with me. I have to believe someday he'll come around and see how unique and special it is to share a birthday with his mom - to be fair, sometimes I have to remind myself how unique and special it is to share it with my son! Ha - kidding...mostly :) 

Adam was turning 9 (I was turning 27 years older than that) and we had already agreed this wouldn't be a "birthday party" year. So instead we surprised Adam with a morning spent at the newest trampoline/Ninja warrior spot in town - Launch! We all participated in the jumping and it was so much fun. Between the trampolines, the obstacle courses and jousting competition - we all had a blast - and were totally exhausted after our 60 minutes of bounce time! 















We cooled off by playing some arcade games before heading home to shower so we could then go back out for a fun lunch. We made certain to wear our Hokie gear as there was a big season opener for us that evening against FSU (spoiler alert - we won - just to then lose to most of the other teams on our schedule, sigh...!)






For his official birthday cake, Adam requested a giant VT since he knew the Hokies would be playing - this is the part of the story where I swear to you I didn't ask him or pay him to request that - he legit wanted a Hokie cake and I'm here for it. 



We blew out our candles - opened a few more gifts - and cheered on our team. It was fabulous birthday (even if it was shared...) 

No comments: