Sunday, December 31, 2017

Navy Band Christmas Concert...

Last year (see here) Uncle Mark, Adam and I went downtown for an amazing Christmas concert by the Air Force Band - it was a last minute treat that neighbors down the street offered to us and it was magical, & amazing and fully of Christmas spirit. I said to myself that day that next year I'd make a note to log on and "buy" (the tickets are free) tickets for us to go again this year. One mistake...I forgot it was the Air Force Band and had the Navy Band concert and ticket sale date on my calendar. Whoops. Luckily it was a mistake that was more of an opportunity - turns out the Navy Band is awesome and they put on an awesome concert. 

This year we brought along Grandma, Aunt Kathleen, Olivia & Uncle Mark as well. We also learned from experience last year and got to DC in time to sneak over to the National Christmas Tree which Adam had never seen. He was in awe of all the trains and we loved seeing the special Virginia tree. 







The concert itself as I said before was super festive. We picked out seats pretty up close and it felt like they were singing right to us. There was even a surprise visit by Santa - I loved looking at Adam when Santa walked onstage and capturing that look of Christmas magic on his face. 






In the end, if we had to vote, we'd pick the Air Force Band concert as the winner - so I'll be sure to mark my calendar next year with the correct concert - though we still send kudos and our standing ovation to the Navy for a job well done! 

No comments: