Monday, October 1, 2012

Apple picking...

We finally picked the perfect weekend to go apple picking.  I think I tend to want to wait until the cool air has set in but that usually means the apples have fallen and well, there's not a whole lot of picking to be done. This year, with a camping trip planned for the newly opened VA State Park at the Shenandoah River, I knew that even if we were in shorts, we were going to be hunting for apples!

Our visit to Stribling Orchard was spot on with apples galore!  Adam had so much fun climbing up on Daddy' shoulders to pull apples off the branches.  He was so proud of himself with each score and we came home with a nice big bag of some of the best apples I've ever tasted. 







Nothing says fall (even in shorts!) like apple picking, cinnamon sugar doughnuts, and the smell of apple cider.






Considering we ate all the apples before I had a chance to bake with them, I think we just might have to head back out for another round of picking before the season ends!

No comments: