Friday, June 12, 2009

"The Song Remembers When"

As I was driving to my doctor's appointment this morning (baby boy is doing great, strong heart beat, and doctor actually thinks I need to gain a little more weight-love it) I found myself listening to the 90's station on XM. The great thing about that station is you never know what you're going to get, and boy do the songs bring back memories!!

So as I'm cruising down the Fairfax County Parkway, Celine Dione's "Because You Loved Me" came on and all of a sudden I'm back at the 8th Grade Dance, awkwardly dancing (or rather shifting from side to side) with Justin Z. Wow, what a memory. In fact, due to the wonders of Facebook, I have access to a picture of all of us dressed up ready to leave for the dance on my old deck (I kind of miss that old house).



Now, this isn't exactly the most flattering picture for all of us, but we were 13, what do you expect!?

The amazing thing is that Cindy and Kim both have three kids now, Megan M. is on her honeymoon, Shannon is in her umpteenth year of school becoming the great scientist/doctor we all knew she was destined to be, and Megan S. is married and about to have a baby of her own. As for me, I no longer have braces and am about to a mother to a son that I hope never makes fun of me for looking like that! :)

Amazing the memories one song can bring...and when it was over, "I'm a Barbie Girl" came on, which is a whole other story for another day!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Maureen! What great memories:) I sorta miss the old days! I think we need a little reunion of sorts. With Kim & my kids combined i think we could form a football team of sorts. p.s. I just started tweeting and am a follower of yours :)