Monday, June 1, 2009

Congratulations Megan and Chuck!

This weekend, one of my oldest friends in the world, Megan, got married. Their wedding took place at Veritas Vineyards (one of our favorite wineries near Wintergreen) on Friday evening. This meant that Andy and I had a great excuse to take a half day on Friday to head down for the festivities.

Since the wedding was close to Wintergreen we were able to just stay there for the night. We enjoyed a relaxing afternoon at the mountain and then got all dolled up and headed back down to the valley for the wedding.

The weather was perfect, there were some dark clouds in the sky, but they moved along and didn't interrupt the outdoor ceremony. The setting was gorgeous with the mountains and the vineyard in the background. The tasting room was open prior to the ceremony, so Andy was able to grab a nice glass of viognier to get things started. I have to admit, it was a challenge being surrounded by all that great wine!



The ceremony was really lovely, with the bridesmaids in gorgeous dresses, and Maid of Honor, Danielle, had an extra accessorie, Megan's dog Dublin! Leave it to Megan to include her pet in the ceremony--I wasn't one bit surprised! The bride made quite the grand entrance, coming in on a horse drawn carriage! She was met by her father and she looked stunning! You could tell that Chuck was speechless!







After the "I do's" and a rare "Unity Wine" ceremony (rather than the typical candle lighting) the couple got the go ahead to seal the deal with a kiss, and they took their first walk as husband and wife. It was really wonderful to witness, and I couldn't help but run through my mind all the memories I have growing up with Megan---how could time have gone so fast!? Weren't we just signing karaoke in her basment or mustering up the courage to ride the Bazerker at King's Dominion!? I guess we really are growing up (cue my kicking baby).




After the ceremony we got to enjoy a fantastic reception. Andy and I were seated at the "Reisling" table, which was made up of old neighbors from Forest Ridge. We got to catch up with some old Park View alum and we even got to spend time with a six week old baby boy, who was adorable! Andy was mesmerized---it was really cute!




Meanwhile, the flowers were gorgeous, the food was delicious, the wine was flowing, and the ice water was tasty! (ha) She also had two gorgeous cakes, a traditional wedding cake and in true Megan fashion, a Redskins cake! Of the two (yes, I had a piece of both) the Redskin's cake was by far the best!






It was a great wedding for a great friend!

Congratulations Megan and Chuck, here's to a lifetime of fond memories, amazing friends, and really good wine!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh maureen i knew you would come through with photos and a great description of the festivities! What a beautiful day. It is true we are all growing up so fast, where has the time gone?

Cindy said...

I too, am so glad you posted these pics. I wish I were there, little Miss Megan is married! I can't believe it. Seems like just yesterday I was breaking her the news abt Santa not being real.