Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Weekend...

Despite some stormy weather, we all had a great Father's Day weekend! Andy took his dad for a fishing trip (more on that in a later post) and I got to spend the weekend with my dad.

On Saturday, my mom and I were supposed to have a golf tournament but it was postponed due to the rainy weather, so instead, we shopped! We didn't really spend any money, but had fun looking at all the stuff we registered for and "ooohhhing" and "aaaahing" over all the cute baby clothes. We then headed to my parent's house for an afternoon of watching the US Open with my dad.

Saturday night, Mark and Kathleen came over to my folk's house and as our gift to my dad we made him a lobster dinner! (My mom had to go to graduation, but she can't eat shell fish anyhow, so don't think we left her out.)

We've had lobster feasts before, but Andy has always been there to facilitate the actual cooking part. We were certainly at a loss without him there, and it didn't help that while I love lobster, baby boy wasn't really in the mood for it and thus I wasn't too keen on helping to cook them. Oops! But, Mark and Kathleen did a great job, and my dad couldn't have been happier (it helped that we got him a 2.87 pound lobster!)






I then spent the night at their house and was able to go to church with them in the morning and then for a great breakfast before playing golf in the afternoon. We had a great time on the course, and though the skies looked a little iffy at times, the rain held off---Mother Nature's way of saying "Happy Father's Day?" Perhaps.

I hope all the dads and dads-to-be out there (especially Andy!) enjoyed a great Father's Day, you certainly deserve it! :)

No comments: