Monday, June 30, 2008

"I'm Singing in the Rain..."

So you know how every once in awhile you just feel like being a kid again? Well tonight, Andy and I did just that. When we were ready to go up to bed, as always we needed to take Liddy out one last time. When Andy opened the garage he started laughing and right after I heard his laughter I heard the pounding of rain on our driveway. It was pouring!

All of a sudden I just got this boost of energy and counted to three. Andy was obviously in sync as when I got to three we both ran right out onto our driveway into the pouring down rain. Andy was already in his PJ's (he's a nighttime showerer) and I was still in my work clothes. For as hard as that rain was coming down, our incessant laughter won out.

Poor Liddy probably thought we were crazy, but it was fun to just act like kids again and go stomping in the rain. I hope we didn't wake the neighbors, but if we did, perhaps they decided to run outside and splash around themselves!

No comments: