Saturday, March 7, 2020

West Coast Greeley Cousin Reunion...

Since I was already on the West Coast and since our meetings ended on Labor Day weekend I decided to extend my time in California by a day and visit my cousin Sean at his home in Santa Monica. I was really excited that I could make this visit work as it meant I got to meet his wife Myka and best of all their baby boy Bo! 

Their home is absolutely adorable and their view overlooking Santa Monica and the Pacific Ocean was breathtaking! I would live on that back patio all year long if I could. Amazing! 




I also quickly fell in love with both Myka (she's fantastic) and that sweet baby Bo. I think I held him for a solid 2+ hours straight - I didn't want to put him down. The only thing that could get me to give him up was the offer to go hiking in the canyons with Sean. The whole time leading up to the visit I as hoping we'd get to do that. It did not disappoint! 


I can't believe they have these hiking opportunities so close to their home - I think we drove maybe 15 minutes before we got to the parking lot. Their awesome pup Logan led the way - he loves getting to do these hikes and all I could think was how much Sadie would have loved it as well. I couldn't get over the views - they got better with every step. Sean did have to teach me a thing or two about hiking - most importantly to SLOW DOWN! LOL - I'm so used to my normal pace that I didn't think about pulling back a bit to accommodate for the elevation changes - and boy did we do some climbing. It was such a fun way to spend the afternoon and a great chance to catch up with Sean - wish we lived closer! 














That evening we had some delicious vegan Chinese food - yes, vegan - and yes, delicious! I got to then spend some good time sipping wine and getting to know Myka better. A short but perfect visit and I look forward to heading out West again - hopefully with family in tow! 




No comments: