Thursday, August 2, 2018

OBX Day 5...

We were really getting into our groove by day 5. I was up early, got the dogs for a walk, worked out, caught up on social media, and all before the rest of the crew was awake - I'm not ashamed to say I really did enjoy my quiet mornings - especially since I know my boys enjoyed getting to sleep and wake up on "body time." 

Another great morning was spent on the beach. Building sand structures, digging holes, going for little walks, and just taking in that view - I still can't believe how much relaxing Andy and I got to do on the beach - I think all toddlers should come with an older brother - just throwing that out there. 




That evening we decided to explore the sound side across from the KOA which is just a couple blocks down from us. We've never stayed at the KOA and even though we are usually big fans of their campgrounds we just don't dig their OBX location. The sites aren't paved and they are right on top of one another. That said, we didn't mind sneaking down to check out their views on the sound. They don't have any sites on that side so it's just a big open area and they have a pier for folks to fish off of. 



Our boys enjoyed running around. Adam was all about skipping rocks and Harper was checking out the various water sport equipment they had there. Watching those boys just take in their surroundings, skip rocks together and just enjoy the moment was all I needed to make my day! 











Left - Adam, Cape Cod, 2017; Right - Adam, OBX, 2018 

No comments: