Friday, July 12, 2013

Wishing Well...

I've said it before but I'll say it again (and probably a few more times after this) that watching Adam spend time at Wintergreen is like reliving my childhood and I cherish every second of it. It's not just the big things (like his first Thanksgiving there) but all the small things like going to the pool where I used to wear floaties on my arms, or swinging on the same swings that my dad used to push me on. 

This last trip Adam got to make his very first (and 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th..it was a big hit) wish in the wishing well at The Mountain Inn. I think I made hundreds of wishes in that well and happily a lot of them have come true. Adam was so excited to make his first wish and while I encouraged him to wish for his croup to go away, he decided to wish for the rain to stop. Regardless, both wishes did come true. Not sure what else he wished for as he learned the art of keeping them a secret, but if the Polar Express rolls up in front of our house one night, I guess I'll know why...




No comments: