Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Halloween Party

I'm not sure anyone does Halloween as well as Greg and Erica, so when we got the invite to come over for a little Halloween party we quickly said YES!

Even though Erica had an amazing menu lined up, I felt I needed to provide something, so I experimented with my bundt pan (only used once since our wedding) and made a pumpkin spice bundt cake with pumpkin buttercream frosting.  Inspiration found here:
http://sugarcrafter.net/2009/10/27/pumpkin-bundt-cake/

(I was so happy that the cake came OUT of my intricate bundt pan and look forward to using it more often now that I know the secret---use cake recipes that call for butter!)
 As per usual, Greg and Erica had the house decked out in Halloween swag.  Their best decoration was of course their sweet pumpkin Blake.  She was certainly the cutest pumpkin I've ever seen! 

As an activity, Erica had a mini-caramel apple making station set up.  This was a HUGE hit with Adam.  He loved dipping the apples in caramel, and then adding chocolate chips.  Such a clever idea!

 It was a great party and our little train conductor couldn't stop talking about Blake the pumpkin!  :)

No comments: