Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Break....chapter 2

While we haven't had totally sunny skies, we've still had springish (is that a word?) weather and thus, flip flops have been on our feet--and that's enough to make me smile!

We've had some great meals (thanks Don and Rosemary) and even better company (thanks again Don and Rosemary!) Adam has been loving the scenery and seems to be enthralled with the trees outside (I too love blooming Bradford Pears and Palm Trees!)




Yesterday we left Adam with Rosemary (she was in heaven) and Don, Andy and I played 9 holes of golf. The goal was 18, but the weather wasn't fantastic (nor were our games) so we decided to finish the round another day. We then took advantage of the free afternoon and did some shopping (isn't that what vacation is all about anyway?)

Today we were up bright and early (thanks Adam for keeping us on track) and so we headed to the beach for another morning walk on the sand. In my opinion there is nothing better than the sand between your toes!






After our walk we got cleaned up and headed out for lunch on the beach at a great cafe called, "The Conch." It was great having lunch and watching the waves roll in. After fueling up we were ready for another round of shopping at the outlets!

After shopping, we enjoyed another great home cooked meal and the great company of the girls from next door who were babies when I first me them---they are now 12 going on 20 and 11 going on 17! Imagine how old I feel! :)

Spring break is still a great success!!




Stay tuned for the third chapter...

1 comment:

RipleyVT said...

I can't get enough of these pictures!!!!! I'm gonna start calling him Guy Smiley!