Monday, March 8, 2010

Adam and Mom's mini-vacation...

To burn up some of my vacation days (I've got about 50 hours left to use by the end of March!) I decided to take last Thursday and Friday off. The timing worked out great as I was able to take Adam to his 6 month check-up and then we headed out to Grandma and Grandpa's for a weekend of family, friends, and most importantly, Kathleen's baby shower!



Our forever friends, Don and Rosemary, headed up from Myrtle Beach for the festivities and arrived at my folk's house on Thursday. It was great to have some quiet time with them and Rosemary just can't get enough of little Adam!!




Friday we took advantage of being out in Ashburn and set up a play date with Jenn and Owen. Owen is 1 1/2 and it's so fun to see how much he's growing up! He knows so many words and was even doing some of his sign language--it was so cute! Adam had fun playing with some of his big boy toys---though mostly he just shoved everything in his mouth (typical!)



Friday afternoon more family made their way into town, including my Aunt Anne and Cousin Jackie and her husband Jerry. It had been over a year since we'd seen Jackie, which is far too long if you ask me! She brought my mom the most amazing hostess gift, a platter that is shaped like the "19th Hole." How clever! We had a great time eating yummy food and doing some pre-shower prep.




It was a great two days off of work and the best part was spending all that time with Adam!

No comments: