Sunday, December 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Andy!

Andy's birthday was on Friday and we've now spent the entire weekend celebrating it! I tried out a new cake recipe that I was really excited about. A chocolate sour cream cake with chocolate sour cream icing. Sounds good right? Well, it was a disaster! I don't know if it's because I used light sour cream or because the butter was quite cold when I started creaming it with the sugar, or some other random reason I'm not aware of, but the cakes came out so light and airy that it was all I could do to keep them from falling apart! I actually had to throw one of the three layers away as it was not salvageable. But, fortunatley, Andy appreciated the effort, and so all was well.

Andy decided that he wanted to go to The Bone Fish for dinner and then we were going to attempt to catch a late showing of "Four Christmases." We didn't make it to the movie, but we did have a great dinner and they even brought Andy a birthday brownie with ice cream--thank goodness as I wasn't real excited about the cake I made being his only birthday dessert!

Part of the reason why we decided to skip the movie was that for Andy's birthday I got him the new version of American Idol for the Wii, and also a wireless microphone! Oh yeah, we had far more exciting things to do than to sit in a dark movie theater! We had fun entertaining each other and were up until after 1:00 a.m. singing away!





Yesterday, after watching the HOkies defeat BC to win the ACC Championship (Orange Bowl here we come!) we headed off to the Gribble's house for a joint birthday party. Andy's sister, Amy, just celebrated her birthday on Wednesday, so her family was there as well. Andy's folks made a great dinner and we finished the meal off with Momma Gribb's famous ice cream pies--mint chocolate chip for Amy, peanut butter chocolate for Andy. Yum!




The evening ended as you might expect...playing American Idol on the Wii! It was so fun to watch the boys singing, they are so funny how they know all the words to songs like "Glamorous" and "Apologize." It is crazy how quickly they are growing up!

It was a fantastic night and a great birthday weekend for Andy!

Happy birthday bub, I love ya!





No comments: