Monday, December 29, 2008

A fabulous Christmas...times 4!

We are so happy to live so close to all of our families, it makes it so easy to see everyone, especially on Christmas (though it does get a little tiring going from place to place, but we can't complain too much!!)

Christmas morning started out with more "Christmas Story" viewing, just long enough for "Santa" to get all of my gifts under the tree and my stocking stuffed! We also kept the tradition of the picture on the stairs in tact, though one of these days it will be nice to get Andy in it, but I suppose growing up there isn't a single picture of my dad on the stairs, so I guess that's just how it goes! :)





We had some great coffee and mimosas while we opened our gifts. Andy got some clothes, cologne, a few games, and even some Lego's--which I think he was most excited about! I got some new perfume, a humidifier (I swear I did ask for one), and lots of oral hygiene products in my stocking--is Andy trying to tell me something?! hmmm....

After the presents were all unwrapped, Andy cooked up a great batch of french toast, using sweet Hawaiian bread, it was so good!







We then headed to my parent's house for Christmas #2. We had a great afternoon exchanging gifts with my family, my mom, as usual, went overboard!! Andy and I came away with some great gifts including gift certificates to the Wintergreen Spa!




Around 5:30 it was time to head to my sister-in-law's for Christmas #3 with the entire Gribble family! It was so great to see all of our nephews, and hear about all the goodies that Santa left for them. Their energy is astounding! Amy and John made a great dinner for all of us, and it was just a lot of fun to have the whole family together.







Christmas #4 took place on the 26th when my Aunt Anne and Uncle Jim headed up to my parent's house. We had a great lamb roast for dinner, and had fun playing pool late into the night.




It was a great holiday, and we are so thankful to have such great families that we can share it with!

No comments: