Monday, December 1, 2008

A fantastic Thanksgiving

Andy, Liddy, and I headed up to Wintergreen last Tuesday to spend the holiday with my family. I've spent every Thanksgiving week at Wintergreen since I was born, and it is a great tradition! By Wednesday my whole family had arrived and were excited to spend some time away from home with each other.

A highlight was our Wednesday evening American Idol show down! Even my dad participated putting on an amazing performance of "Copacabana," dance moves and all! We all had a good laugh and are hoping that next time we can convince my mom to take the mike...we'll see!






One activitiy that Andy and I like to do during the winter is to walk the golf course on top of the mountain (they close it for the cold months). It is great excercise (which we needed!) and it gives Liddy a chance to run around.



However, most of you know that my all time favorite thing about Thanksgiving is the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! I anxiously await this all year and just love how it kicks off the holiday season. I also enjoy being able to have it on in the background while I make my traditional Thanksgiving day chili that everyone enjoys for lunch.

My parents had invited my in-laws to come for dinner, so it was great to have them there. Felt good to know that both Andy and I got to share the holiday with our parents. They brought along some tasty pralines and saffron rolls (Dave knows those my new favorite!).






We had a great dinner, thanks to my mom! It is one of two meals a year that she is now in charge of since my dad has taken over the cooking responsibilities, and it was yummy! We were all good and stuffed and ready for another ten laps around the golf course!!








No comments: